FULL DAY LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
March 16, 2019 Sat 8:30am-4pm
Registration begins at 8:30am so we can begin promptly at 9am. We start and end on time!
This full day training is for those who share an interest in strengthening civil society and working together for the common good. Part of the training experience will be working with other community leaders from diverse institutions on the universals of broad based community organizing.
The Institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in over 60 years of organizing experience. The topics include:
- Why organize? – examining the history and traditions of our labour, faith, community and educational organizations.
- The fundamental organizing skills – individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action.
- Strengthening our institutions – systematically engaging people in a culture that is relational, action- oriented and reflective.
- Problems vs. issues – moving from general problems to concrete, winnable issues. Using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
- Participants from MVA member organizations: FREE
- Participants NOT from MVA member organizations: $75.00 (to be applied to future membership dues)
- Refreshments on breaks and lunch will be provided.
- To register online and for further information visit metvanalliance.org or email [email protected] with your name, organization, & contact details.
2029 Virtual Way
Vancouver, BC V5M 0A7
Google map and directions