Community Land Trusts: Housing Civic Academy (Part 2)
April 27, 10am-3pm, Location TBD
Community Land Trusts have proven track records for affordable housing provision in both the US and the UK, and there is a growing movement for CLTs in Canada. What are CLTs, and how can MVA member organizations help bring this innovative model to the region? Join us to develop your understanding of the CLT model and help map out the path to community-led housing solutions.
- Understanding the CLT model
- Building community governance into housing
- Unlocking perpetual affordability
Break (lunch provided)
- Mapping out land-sources for CLTs
- Advocating for enabling legislation
- Setting priorities for a CLT working group
We gratefully acknowledge that this event takes place on the unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh nations.
Vancouver, BC V5R 3N3
Google map and directions