'Wrestling With The Truth of Decolonization' Training
In 2021 we will be facilitating decolonization workshops led by Indigenous leaders and elders. Participants will wrestle with the role settler people and institutions play in maintaining systems that disadvantage Indigenous people.
The trainings are available for members in our organizations and will be taking place over the course of this year.
We are currently recruiting applicants for a project coordinator position for these workshops. If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Member Organization Campaigns
Unite Here 40: BC's Unequal Women (bcunequalwomen.org)
The hotel industry is refusing to bring back women who clean rooms, cook meals, and serve guests as the industry recovers. TAKE ACTION today and say no to unequal women in the 21st century!
- Won commitments from four Vancouver Mayors to address the affordable housing crisis on the North Shore
- Advocated successfully for legislation for poverty reduction.
- Excerpt from report “In 2017, John Horgan and Andrew Weaver stood before 800 MVA leaders and committed to legislate a poverty reduction strategy. This week, the legislation passed unanimously.”
- Won commitment from City of Vancouver to be a living wage employer. North Vancouver followed suit in March 2021.
- Won commitment from BC NDP to commit resources for community healthcare centres
- Vancouver government committed to developing innovative solutions to social isolation
- Won government commitments for improved transit services and handyDART funding
- Built a powerful alliance representing over 700,000 BC residents
- Trained over 800 local leaders in the basics of community organizing