Our organization was founded in 2008 and we have built a network of powerful organisations that collectively advocate for change.
Some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Won commitments from four Vancouver Mayors to address the affordable housing crisis on the North Shore
- Advocated successfully for legislation for poverty reduction.
- Excerpt from report “In 2017, John Horgan and Andrew Weaver stood before 800 MVA leaders and committed to legislate a poverty reduction strategy. This week, the legislation passed unanimously.”
- Won commitment from City of Vancouver to be a living wage employer. Since then, other cities have followed suit, with North Vancouver committing in March 2021.
- Won commitment from BC NDP to commit resources for community healthcare centres
- Vancouver government committed to developing innovative solutions to social isolation
- Won government commitments for improved transit services and handyDART funding
- Built a powerful alliance representing over 700,000 BC residents
- Trained over 800 local leaders in 100 institutions in the basics of community organizing
Institutions interested in exploringin Metro Vancouver Alliance – and in shaping its agenda – are encouraged to contact us to learn more and arrange meetings with your organization’s key leaders.