Please join Metro Vancouver Alliance members at our Saturday Leadership Institute
This training is for those who share an interest in strengthening civil society and working together for the common good. Part of the training experience will be working with other community leaders from diverse institutions on the universals of broad based community organizing.
The institute provides content based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) in over 70 years of organizing experience.
The topics include:
- Why organize? examining the history and traditions of our labour, faith, community and educational organizations.
- The fundamental organizing skills - individual relational meetings, listening sessions, research, negotiations and action.
- Strengthening our institutions - systematically engaging people in a culture that is relational, action-oriented and reflective.
- Problems vs. issues - moving from general problems to concrete, winnable issues. Using relational power in the public arena to negotiate for the common good.
- Participants from MVA member organizations: FREE
- Participants NOT from MVA organizations: $75 for the weekend (to be applied to future membership dues). Bursaries available.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- Please register to secure your seat. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or dietary restrictions or require other accommodations.
5238 Joyce St
Vancouver, BC V5R 6C9
Google map and directions