NOTICE OF RALLY AND PRESENTATIONS TO CITY COUNCIL
Vancouver – The Metro Vancouver Alliance and Living Wage for Families Campaign are coordinating a rally to show support for Vancouver to become a Living Wage Employer. On July 8th Vancouver City Council will debate a motion that will begin the process of making Vancouver a living wage city. The rally will take place on the steps of city hall and will be followed by presentations to the Standing Committee on City Finance and Services in support of the living wage motion.
When: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 Rally: 9:00 am Standing Committee on City Finance and Services: 9:30 am
Where: City Hall, 453 W 12th Ave, Vancouver
- The Rev. Margaret Marquardt representing Anglican Bishop, The Rt. Rev. Melissa Skelton, Diocese of New Westminster
- Irene Lanziger, President, BC Federation of Labour
- Blanca Salvatierra, community organizer
- Deborah Littman, Lead Organizer, Metro Vancouver Alliance
Presenters to Council include:
- Mary Lyn Diana, member of Hospital Employee’s Union
- The Rev. Margaret Marquardt representing Anglican Bishop, The Rt. Rev. Melissa Skelton, Diocese of New Westminster.
- Father David Pourier, St. Joseph the Worker, Catholic Parish
- Vania Tse, member of CUPE 391 (Vancouver, Gibsons and Sechelt Library Workers)
- Deanna Ogle, Campaign Organizer, Living Wage for Families Campaign
- Stacey Berisavac, Manager, Health Promotion, Canadian Cancer Society, BC and Yukon Division
- Linda Morris, Senior Vice President Business Development, Member & Community Engagement, Vancity Savings Credit Union
For further information, please contact:
- Deanna Ogle, Campaign Organizer, Living Wage for Families Campaign, 604-364-2917 www.livingwageforfamilies.ca
- Patrick Bragg, Metro Vancouver Alliance, 778-889-3486 www.metvanalliance.org
The Living Wage for Families Campaign announces the annual living wage for Metro Vancouver, certifies Living Wage Employers and builds broad understanding of the importance of living wages to child, family and community health.
The Metro Vancouver Alliance is a group of nonpartisan, proactive, everyday citizens dedicated to making the Metro Vancouver area a better place for all to live and thrive. Our members come from faith congregations, youth groups, neighbourhood houses, union locals, co-ops, academic departments and community non-profits.
NOTICE OF RALLY AND PRESENTATIONS TO CITY COUNCIL – MONDAY, July 6, 2014