MVA's purpose is to build leaders and strengthen organizations to have an impact for the common good. Much of the work we do happens in the core teams of our member institutions. We know that the stronger our members and the more leaders who are trained and out there acting and building their experience, the more power we have as an alliance. This training is meant to maximize the potential we have as leaders, organizations and as an alliance.
MVA organizers are often asked the following questions from our members:
- How do I take what I am learning in the research action teams back to strengthen my own organization?
- I know listening to my members is a good thing, but how do I actually do it?
- How do I make sure people in my organization know how they can get trained and involved with MVA?
This training seeks to answer these questions for MVA members. At MVA, a core team is made up of people from the same institution. If you are from a member institution, you are part of a core team.
At this training you will learn:
- the purpose and functions of a MVA core team
- how the core team helps us build power
- how to identify potential leaders
- what projects to work on as a core team
- how to structure your team
- next steps in building your team
Don't forget to RSVP!