Community Land Trusts: Housing Civic Academy (Part 2)
April 27, 10am-3pm, Vancouver Community College - Broadway Campus B Building, 1120 East 7th Avenue
Community Land Trusts have proven track records for affordable housing provision in both the US and the UK, and there is a growing movement for CLTs in Canada. What are CLTs, and how can MVA member organizations help bring this innovative model to the region? Join us to develop your understanding of the CLT model and help map out the path to community-led housing solutions.
Morning session - in partnership with Hogan's Alley Society
- What are Community Land Trusts?
- Building community governance into housing
- Unlocking perpetual affordability
Break (lunch provided)
- Lessons from CLT Case Studies
- Building communities of belonging in the midst of the housing crisis
We gratefully acknowledge that this event takes place on the unceded territories of the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh nations.
1120 E 7th Ave
Vancouver, BC V5R 3N3
Google map and directions